Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Organic Style magazine
Make and share this Roasted Pears with Vanilla & Grand Marnier recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove the yellow peel from the lemon in 1/2 inch strips and place them in a shallow baking dish that is large enough to hold all the pears.
- Using a small paring knife, cut out about 3/4 of each pear's core from the bottom, leaving the pear intact.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into a bowl.
- Using a basting brush, brush the inside of each pear with lemon juice and sprinkle it with sugar.
- Brush each pear with melted butter.
- Place remaining sugar on a large cutting board or a sheet of waxed paper.
- Roll each pear in sugar so it is evenly coated and place in the baking dish.
- Slice vanilla bean lengthwise down the center and scrape out the seeds.
- Place the seeds and pod in the baking dish.
- Add the water and Grand Marnier.
- Bake the pears for 45 minutes, basting occasionally with the liquid in the dish.
- If they're getting too brown, loosely cover with foil.
- Serve with leftover syrup and vanilla ice cream.