1 hr 5 mins
From Organic Style magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2Remove the yellow peel from the lemon in 1/2 inch strips and place them in a shallow baking dish that is large enough to hold all the pears.
- 3Using a small paring knife, cut out about 3/4 of each pear's core from the bottom, leaving the pear intact.
- 4Squeeze the lemon juice into a bowl.
- 5Using a basting brush, brush the inside of each pear with lemon juice and sprinkle it with sugar.
- 6Brush each pear with melted butter.
- 7Place remaining sugar on a large cutting board or a sheet of waxed paper.
- 8Roll each pear in sugar so it is evenly coated and place in the baking dish.
- 9Slice vanilla bean lengthwise down the center and scrape out the seeds.
- 10Place the seeds and pod in the baking dish.
- 11Add the water and Grand Marnier.
- 12Bake the pears for 45 minutes, basting occasionally with the liquid in the dish.
- 13If they're getting too brown, loosely cover with foil.
- 14Serve with leftover syrup and vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Pears with Vanilla & Grand Marnier
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.2
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 28.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 29.5 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: