1/2 Photos of Roasted Pears With Fresh Cranberries
Oven baked pears with slightly sweet/spiced pink syrup and whole cranberries. I found this recipe years ago in a news paper and clipped it out. Took me a while to make it, but once I did, I knew it was a keeper. I then washed the jeans I was wearing when cooking and melted the news paper. I did a search on the net, but could not find it there. So I had to quickly write down the recipe before I forgot it. So hear it is for me to always have. Hope you enjoy it as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Heat over to 400F, use a baking dish with 1" sides.
- 22. Lay peeled, split and cored half pears in baking dish cut side down.
- 33. Mix together 1 cup water, vinegar, salt, spice and sugar. Pour over pears and drop in pats of butter.
- 44. Bake for 15mins basting the pears once at 7 minutes time.
- 55. At 15 minutes cooking time, add 2 tablespoons water and cranberries to baking dish, bast pears again.
- 66. Bake for another 10 minutes, then bast pears. Check with fork to see if pears are tender.
- 77. If pears are tender then they are done, if not cook another 10-15 minutes.
- 88. You can add more water if needed. I also add more then 3/4 cup cranberries.
- 99. This is very good on it own or with vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Pears With Fresh Cranberries
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.3
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 5.7 mg
- Sodium 41.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 19.9 g
- Protein 0.5 g