Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
From USA Weekly. This is elegant enough to serve for company, but also perfect for an end to a comfortable family meal. Instead of the sour cream, you could use Cool Whip or vanilla ice cream to serve.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 4 pears, halved and cored
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped roasted pistachios (or any other nut) (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place butter in a baking pan large enough to hold the pears in a single layer.
- Set baking pan with butter in the heating oven until the butter melts.
- Sprinkle sugar over melted butter.
- Place pears, cut side down, on top.
- Bake until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Turn over pears and baste with pan sauce.
- Return to oven.
- Bake until golden and glossy, about 10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly.
- Transfer pears to dessert plates or bowls.
- Top each with a dollop of sour cream, drizzle with caramel pan sauce, sprinkle with nuts.
- Serve and enjoy!
This was a delicious treat! I had some pears I needed to use up and surfed Zaar for a recipe when I came across yours. Very rich and tasty! I used Creme Fraiche and chopped walnuts as garnish, everybody loved it.
I wish I could give more than 5 stars. Wow, was this OVER THE TOP! An amazingly easy dessert, yet so impressive when served. We gobbled up the whole thing before I could snap a picture. One thing -- it is so rich, I think that 4 pears ought to be 8 servings, or 1/2 pear each. That's what we did, and it was more than enough. Thanks, hannahactually, for an AMAZING dessert!
This is very easy and very good, and makes a huge amount of very sweet caramel sauce. My only suggestion would be to add a bit of salt to the sauce to temper the sweetness a little bit.