Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very easy recipe, makes a beautiful presentation, and is ridiculously delicious. Great first course for the holidays or a dinner party. It comes from Tyler Florence on the Food Network.
- 4 pears, halved and cored
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 bunch fresh thyme
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled good-quality blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Arrange the pears, cut side up, on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Strip the leaves from the thyme branches and sprinkle over the pears.
- Bake 20 minutes, then remove from oven and spoon a generous teaspoon of crumbled cheese in the center of each pear half.
- Return to oven and roast until they are tender and cheese is soft, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the walnuts on another baking sheet and toast in the oven until golden brown and fragrant, about 5 minutes; chop.
- When the pears are cooked, transfer them to a serving plate and sprinkle with toasted walnuts.
- Serve hot.
I have never combined pears with blue cheese before so I was a little weary, but it was very good! Thanks! :)