Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I used Bosc pears--they keep their shape. Very tasty!
- 1 large pear
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese (I use no fat)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon whole half walnuts (or pecans)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel, if you wish (I leave them unpeeled) Slice pear in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds to make a nice circle. Spray with veggies spray and set aside in a gratin dish sprayed with veggie spray, cut side up.
- In a small bowl mix together, cream cheese, salt, nutmeg and 1 teaspoon honey. Fill each pear half cavity with half of the cheese mixture.
- Place a half walnut on top of the cheese mixture; lightly press it down. Drizzle pear halves with remaining teaspoon of honey.
- On centre grate in oven, roast at 350°F for about 1 hour or until soft. Test with a toothpick at about 45 minutes.
These pears are SO delicious and very easy to put together. Great with vanilla ice cream. We enjoyed them so much, I made them 2 nights in a row. Derf, thanks for sharing.
This was really good! I'll be making these for my family at our Thanksgiving dinner!