Recipe by gailanng
Caramelizing fresh pears by roasting and then pairing them with strong blue cheese is a wonderful way to elevate a salad into something special.
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 firm bosc pears, peeled, cored and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 -5 ounces baby greens
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- 1⁄3 cup prosciutto, cut into matchsticks
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 500°F In a large bowl, mix the melted butter, honey and cinnamon. Add the pears and toss well. Spread the pear mixture on a (foil lined, if desired) baking sheet and roast in the oven for 20 minutes, tossing them once, halfway through.
- In the same bowl, whisk together the sherry, vinegar, oil and black pepper. Add the roasted pears and stir to coat completely with the vinaigrette.
- The salad can be prepared while the pears are still warm or after they're cooled to room temperature. To assemble, on a servng plate place a bed of the lettuce and top with the pears. Sprinkle with the walnuts, Gorgonzola and prosciutto, drizzle with any of the remaining vinaigrette and serve.