Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from Raising the Salad Bar,by Catherine Walthers, a book I recieved from the Cookbook Swap. This makes an elegant salad and the combination of flavour is just right.
- Preheat oven 375*. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush pears with a little oil and place on baking sheet cut side down and bake 20 minutes.
- Pears should be brown at the bottom and easily pierced. Turn over and drizzle the core with 1/2 tsp honey. Bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Pears can be made the same day but do not refrigerate.
- To make vinaigrette, in small bowl combine vinegar and shallot;whisk in the oil and add salt and pepper.
- Place salad green in a medium bowl and toss with vinaigrette. Mix well. Divide in serving plates;
- Top each serving with a pear half and top with blue cheese and nuts.