Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from Raising the Salad Bar,by Catherine Walthers, a book I recieved from the Cookbook Swap. This makes an elegant salad and the combination of flavour is just right.
- 2 pears, peeled, halved and cored
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 6 -8 cups mixed baby greens
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely minced shallot
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven 375*. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush pears with a little oil and place on baking sheet cut side down and bake 20 minutes.
- Pears should be brown at the bottom and easily pierced. Turn over and drizzle the core with 1/2 tsp honey. Bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Pears can be made the same day but do not refrigerate.
- To make vinaigrette, in small bowl combine vinegar and shallot;whisk in the oil and add salt and pepper.
- Place salad green in a medium bowl and toss with vinaigrette. Mix well. Divide in serving plates;
- Top each serving with a pear half and top with blue cheese and nuts.