1/1 Photo of Roasted Pear-Honey Salad With Baby Greens
This recipe is from Raising the Salad Bar,by Catherine Walthers, a book I recieved from the Cookbook Swap. This makes an elegant salad and the combination of flavour is just right.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 pears, peeled, halved and cored
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 6 -8 cups mixed baby greens
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1Preheat oven 375*. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush pears with a little oil and place on baking sheet cut side down and bake 20 minutes.
- 2Pears should be brown at the bottom and easily pierced. Turn over and drizzle the core with 1/2 tsp honey. Bake an additional 5 minutes.
- 3Pears can be made the same day but do not refrigerate.
- 4To make vinaigrette, in small bowl combine vinegar and shallot;whisk in the oil and add salt and pepper.
- 5Place salad green in a medium bowl and toss with vinaigrette. Mix well. Divide in serving plates;
- 6Top each serving with a pear half and top with blue cheese and nuts.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Pear-Honey Salad With Baby Greens
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.2
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 21.2 mg
- Sodium 397.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed baby greens