Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Adapted from Food Network. Substitute any blue-veined cheese that you like.
- 2 pears, ripe
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 large leek
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 cups homemade stock, divided
- 2⁄3 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- chives, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash produce.
- Core, peel, and quarter pears.
- Peel and seed butternut squash. Cut into 2" chunks.
- Core and quarter tomatoes.
- Using the white and light green parts only, half the leek length-wise. Slice and wash thoroughly.
- Mince garlic.
- Combine pears, squash, tomatoes, leek, garlic, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Toss to coat.
- Spread evenly on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 40 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Place half the vegetables as well as 2 cups of broth in a blender and puree until smooth. Transfer to a large saucepan.
- Puree the remaining vegetables and 2 cups broth. Add to the pan and stir in salt to taste.
- Cook the soup over medium-low heat, stirring until hot about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with cheese and chives.