1/1 Photo of Roasted Pear-Butternut Soup With Crumbled Blue Cheese
1 hr 20 mins
Rachel Potachel's Note:
Adapted from Food Network. Substitute any blue-veined cheese that you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Wash produce.
- 3Core, peel, and quarter pears.
- 4Peel and seed butternut squash. Cut into 2" chunks.
- 5Core and quarter tomatoes.
- 6Using the white and light green parts only, half the leek length-wise. Slice and wash thoroughly.
- 7Mince garlic.
- 8Combine pears, squash, tomatoes, leek, garlic, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Toss to coat.
- 9Spread evenly on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- 10Roast, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 40 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- 11Place half the vegetables as well as 2 cups of broth in a blender and puree until smooth. Transfer to a large saucepan.
- 12Puree the remaining vegetables and 2 cups broth. Add to the pan and stir in salt to taste.
- 13Cook the soup over medium-low heat, stirring until hot about 10 minutes.
- 14Garnish with cheese and chives.
Browse Our Top Pears Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Pear-Butternut Soup With Crumbled Blue Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.8
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 11.2 mg
- Sodium 416.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: