Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
Roasting pears enhances their natural sweetness, and an easy cookie topping combined with butter-tasting havarti makes this simple dessert somthing special. Serve warm as it is or topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- 4 firm ripe pears, peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger or 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup coarsely crumbled crisp ginger snaps
- 1 cup havarti cheese or 1 cup old cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F Butter a shallow 8-cup square or oval baking dish.
- Place pears in baking dish; sprinkle with sugar, ginger and lemon juice and toss to combine. Spread evenly. Roast for about 25 minutes or until pears are almost tender and starting to brown.
- In a bowl, combine cookie crumbs and cheese; sprinkle evenly over pears. Roast for about 10 minutes longer or until pears are tender and cheese is melted. Serve warm.