Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Prepared by Kelsey Nixon on Cooking Channel. Com. This dish sounds absolutely delicious and I plan to try it very soon.
- 1 napa cabbage, medium head, shredded
- 1 bunch scallion, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
- 1 cup peanuts, roasted and unsalted (extra for garnish)
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter, smooth
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Toss the cabbage with the scallions, cilantro and peanuts. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the vinegar, soy sauce, peanut butter, sesame oil, and sugar together. Slowly whisk in the canola oil until dressing is emulsified. Toss the dressing with the cabbage and garnish with roasted peanuts before serving.
Excellent - Tasty and easy. I used chili sesame oil because I didn't have basic sesame oil. It turned out well, adding a little spice we liked. This will definitely become a go-to recipe. I'm going to serve the leftovers tossed with cold grilled chicken and I think it will be yummy.
I really enjoyed this delicious slaw Nancy. My dh is allergic to nuts, so I got to enjoy this for my lunch. I scaled it down for one, it worked perfectly. It was very tasty, had great flavors and excellent textures. I never tried a napa cabbage before, its terrific, I really enjoyed the texture. The dressing was wonderful and tied everything together beautiful. I will be making this quick and easy to make salad often. Thank you so much for sharing. Made for Best of 2014 Tag Game.
Doing the happy dance! A definite make again recipe. I cut the recipe in half, and was soooo disappointed that I did. We made this dish ahead of our stir fry and egg rolls, so everyone kept coming to get a "spoonful".....We barely had enough to serve. Thanks for sharing! Made for "For Your Consideration" game on yuku.com.