Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Make this dish a la mode by serving the roasted fruit with vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt instead of whipped cream. Also, experiment with cookie selection. Gingersnaps lend a nice bite to this dessert, but other types of cookies work just as well: Graham crackers, butter cookies or oatmeal cookies are all great choices.
- 5 gingersnaps
- 1⁄4 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
- 3 ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Butter an 8-inch square baking dish. Combine gingersnaps, pecans, flour and brown sugar in bowl of a food processor and pulse several times to coarsely chop cookies and pecans. Add butter and process until clumps begin to form.
- Arrange peaches, cut side up, in baking dish. Press cookie mixture into center of each peach, pressing to adhear. Bake until peaches are tender and topping is browned, about 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- While peaches are cooling, whip cream with sugar until stiff peaks form. Transfer peaches to dessert bowls and serve with whipped cream.