1/1 Photo of Roasted Peach Soup
4 hrs 30 mins
This recipe is for Royal Caribbean International Cookbook. It is one of those wonderful chilled, fruit soups they serve to you on a cruise.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Lightly butter a baking sheet.
- 3Place peach halves cut side down, on prepared baking sheet.
- 4Sprinkle the peaches with 1/2 cup sugar and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 5Place the baked peaches in a food processor or blender, along with any drippings from the pan.
- 6Puree until smooth, stopping 2 to 3 times to scrape down the sides.
- 7Transfer to a large nonreactive bowl and set aside.
- 8In a small nonreactive saucepan, combine the peach nectar, remaining sugar and star anise over medium heat.
- 9Use the tip of blunt knife to scrape the vanilla bean seeds into mixture.
- 10Bring to a boil and then remove from heat.
- 11Let the syrup infuse for about 1 hour; then strain through a fine sieve into a nonreactive bowl and add the citrus juices.
- 12Slowly add the peach syrup to the peach puree until the desired flavor is achieved.
- 13If the soup is flavored to your liking but too thick, add a little plain peach juice to thin.
- 14Cover and refrigerate until completely cold.
- 15To serve, ladle into chilled soup cups and garnish with sliced strawberries and mint.
Browse Our Top Strawberry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Strawberry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Peach Soup
Serving Size: 1 (499 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.1
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 118.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 95.7 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: