Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe is for Royal Caribbean International Cookbook. It is one of those wonderful chilled, fruit soups they serve to you on a cruise.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly butter a baking sheet.
- Place peach halves cut side down, on prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the peaches with 1/2 cup sugar and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Place the baked peaches in a food processor or blender, along with any drippings from the pan.
- Puree until smooth, stopping 2 to 3 times to scrape down the sides.
- Transfer to a large nonreactive bowl and set aside.
- In a small nonreactive saucepan, combine the peach nectar, remaining sugar and star anise over medium heat.
- Use the tip of blunt knife to scrape the vanilla bean seeds into mixture.
- Bring to a boil and then remove from heat.
- Let the syrup infuse for about 1 hour; then strain through a fine sieve into a nonreactive bowl and add the citrus juices.
- Slowly add the peach syrup to the peach puree until the desired flavor is achieved.
- If the soup is flavored to your liking but too thick, add a little plain peach juice to thin.
- Cover and refrigerate until completely cold.
- To serve, ladle into chilled soup cups and garnish with sliced strawberries and mint.
This was very flavorful but overly sweet. In the future, I would not use the nectar and cut down on the sugar. The spicing was lovely.