1/1 Photo of Roasted Peach Soup
4 hrs 30 mins
This recipe is for Royal Caribbean International Cookbook. It is one of those wonderful chilled, fruit soups they serve to you on a cruise.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Lightly butter a baking sheet.
- 3Place peach halves cut side down, on prepared baking sheet.
- 4Sprinkle the peaches with 1/2 cup sugar and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 5Place the baked peaches in a food processor or blender, along with any drippings from the pan.
- 6Puree until smooth, stopping 2 to 3 times to scrape down the sides.
- 7Transfer to a large nonreactive bowl and set aside.
- 8In a small nonreactive saucepan, combine the peach nectar, remaining sugar and star anise over medium heat.
- 9Use the tip of blunt knife to scrape the vanilla bean seeds into mixture.
- 10Bring to a boil and then remove from heat.
- 11Let the syrup infuse for about 1 hour; then strain through a fine sieve into a nonreactive bowl and add the citrus juices.
- 12Slowly add the peach syrup to the peach puree until the desired flavor is achieved.
- 13If the soup is flavored to your liking but too thick, add a little plain peach juice to thin.
- 14Cover and refrigerate until completely cold.
- 15To serve, ladle into chilled soup cups and garnish with sliced strawberries and mint.
Browse Our Top Strawberry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Peach Soup
Serving Size: 1 (499 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.1
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 118.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 95.7 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: