Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A dish that we found extremely tasty and interesting! Real Simple Magazine, July 2005 edition.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon honey
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 firm but ripe yellow peaches, cut into eighths
- 2 large sprigs fresh rosemary, broken into pieces
- 4 medium Belgian endive (preferably 2 red and 2 green)
- 20 large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on
- 3 tablespoons creme fraiche or 3 tablespoons equal parts sour cream and heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon coarse grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- Heat oven to 500°F
- Line a baking sheet with 2 layers of foil.
- In a small bowl, combine the red pepper flakes, olive oil, 1 tablespoon of the honey, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush the peaches with the honey mixture and place them on the foil, cut-side down.
- Scatter the rosemary over them, then roast for 15 minutes, turning once.
- Transfer the peaches and top layer of foil to a counter to cool.
- Slip off the skins, if desired.
- Brush the shrimp with the remaining honey mixture, place on the bottom layer of foil, and roast for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice each endive crosswise into 3/4-inch-thick strips.
- Place the peaches and endives in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine the crème fraîche, mustard, vinegar, milk, the remaining 1 teaspoon of honey, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk in the corn oil.
- Drizzle 3/4 of the dressing over the peaches and endives; toss.
- Divide the salad among 4 plates, top with the shrimp, and drizzle with the remaining dressing.
- (*TIP:When dealing with medium to large shrimp, cook them for 3 minutes after the water starts boiling. (Smaller shrimp will take less time.) ).