The crème fraîche mixed with the heirloom tomatoes gives the pasta a tangy sweetness. The mushrooms give depth and heartiness to the dish. Combine it all in a bowl with warm rotini pasta and fresh mozzarella and you’ve got a winning combination!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Step 1: Cut the heirloom tomatoes into large chunks. Line onto cookie sheet and drizzle with a little olive oil. Place in oven and cook for 15-20 minutes to lightly roast the tomatoes.
- Step 2: In a pot, bring water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente. Don’t forget to generously salt the water! Once cooked. Drain and set aside.
- Step 3: In the same pot, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil and lightly sauté the garlic for a minute. Add in the mushrooms and cook for about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and toss in the pasta.
- Step 4: Add in the crème fraîche and the tomatoes. Give the pasta a good stir and then add in the mozzarella cubes. Season with the salt and pepper and serve!