Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great, simple little recipe for those who think they hate parsnips! It's adapted from "Bon Appétit Magazine" (October 2008). The original recipe called for 2 tbsp each of oil and butter, but I don't find that necessary. You can also do all olive oil or all butter- both work. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs medium parsnips, peeled, cut on diagonal into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 450°F Toss first 3 ingredients in bowl. Spread parsnips in single layer on rimmed baking sheet. Dot with butter.
- Roast parsnips 20 minutes. Using tongs, turn parsnips; roast until browned and soft, about 15 minutes longer. Transfer parsnips to plate and season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley.