Recipe by Dancer^
Low-Fat Roasted Parsnips and Onions
Top Review by GoKittenGo
This is really good! The rosemary didn't quite go with the parsnips the way I thought it would, so next time I'll make it without. The roasted onions and parsnips are wonderful together, though, and smell so good while cooking!
- 1 lb parsnip, ends trimmed
- 1 lb cipollini onion, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- to taste coarse salt
- to taste black pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 425F.
- In a roasting pan, combine the parsnips, onions and rosemary.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the olive oil and toss until the vegetables are thoroughly coated.
- Roast for 40 to 45 minutes, shaking the pan every 15 minutes, until the vegetables are deep amber.