Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Low-Fat Roasted Parsnips and Onions
- 1 lb parsnip, ends trimmed
- 1 lb cipollini onion, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- to taste coarse salt
- to taste black pepper, freshly ground
- Heat the oven to 425F.
- In a roasting pan, combine the parsnips, onions and rosemary.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the olive oil and toss until the vegetables are thoroughly coated.
- Roast for 40 to 45 minutes, shaking the pan every 15 minutes, until the vegetables are deep amber.
This is really good! The rosemary didn't quite go with the parsnips the way I thought it would, so next time I'll make it without. The roasted onions and parsnips are wonderful together, though, and smell so good while cooking!