Recipe by Dancer^
If you roast the parsnips in the oven first it gives the soup a lovely flavour and colour.
Top Review by sugarpea
Sweetly sublime soup, but then I adore parsnips. I added a sprinkling of freshly grated nutmeg to my bowl but other than that, I can think of no way to improve on this. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Dancer.
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb parsnip, roasted in a little olive oil for about 30 minutes
- 2 onions
- 1 chopped peeled apple (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 pints vegetable stock
- 3 ounces soya milk
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop the onions and cut the parsnips into chunks.
- Heat margarine/oil and add the onions and parsnips and apple.
- Cook for about 10 minutes until soft, then add the stock.
- Simmer for 20 minutes then allow to cool slightly and purée with a blender.
- Add soya milk and extra water if the soup is too thick.
- Reheat and season before serving.