From the Women's Institute Book of Soup that I borrowed from our local library. A slightly different parsnip soup
- Pre heat oven to 400F / 200C, pour oil into a roasting tray and place on top shelf of the oven for 5 mins until oil is smokey hot.
- Carefully place parsnips and onion into the tin and toss in the oil to coat, roast for 30 mins.
- Sprinkle the parmesan over the vegetables and stir it in, lay the rashers of panchetta over the top and return to the oven for further 10 mins.
- Remove from oven and lay pancetta aside for the garnish.
- Mix the vegetable mixture into the hot stock and puree until smooth.
- season to taste.
- Reheat gently without boiling and serve topped with a spoonful of double cream and 1/2 slice of pancetta on top.
My husband just loves parsnips. I've never made a soup out of them though, so wanted to try this. He enjoyed it very much. Nice sweet flavor with a hint of Parmesan, another favorite of his. Made for Every Day Tag and Belly Warmers- Soups and Stews Photo Event. :)