Recipe by jessann
This was awesome. I made some changes to the original to suit what was on hand and what was more within budget. Play around with it. Can't fail. I used 2 small tubs of already shucked oysters and put them in mini muffin pans. Perfect sub for oysters rockerfeller. A definate keeper and perfect for New Years Eve!
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup pankow breadcrumbs
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 4 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 -2 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 18 shucked oysters
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop pine nuts (or use mini chopper). Heat butter over skillet and add saute shallot, Add nuts and crumbs. Cool slightly. Add parsley, bacon, cheese and pepper. Carefully blot oysters dry (can use fresh shucked and then put them back in the shell -- I was too lazy). Put oysters in mini muffin tin. Top with crumb mixture. Bake for about 10 minutes or until they are done as you prefer.