Recipe by evelinagrossberg
Yumm, a roasted oyster with diced tomatoes is an elegant, singular serving.
- 4 dozen fresh oysters, in the shell (Blupoints or other large flat shell oysters)
- 3 lbs rock salt or 3 lbs ice
- 1 cup diced tomato, drained
- 1 cup thinly bias-sliced green onion
- lemon wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub oysters under cold running water. Spread rock salt on a heavy roasting pan or baking sheet. Arrange on dozen of the oysters, curved shell down, on rock salt so they are stabilized.
- Bake in a 400 degrees oven, for about 10 minutes. Remove oysters when the shells open, as they pop and continue baking until are done. Repeat with remaining oysters.
- Hold the roasted oyster with the oven mitt and the flat side up. Using a strong bladed knife insert the knife into the hinges of the shell. Twisting the blade, pry open the oyster, move the blade along the upper side of the sheel to free the muscle from the shell.
- Remove and discard the upper shell.
- Us the lower sheel fro sering the oyster.
- Transfer to a platter linded with rock salt. Top each oyster with 1 teaspoon of tomatoes and green onions. Served with lemon wedges.
- Makes 24 appetizers.