Recipe by BarbryT
from the Seattle-Times 8-07
Top Review by Baby Kato
These carrots were amazing. Tender, flavorful and sweet. We enjoyed the carrots prepared this way very much. The paprika and lemon adds another layer of flavor. Thank you for sharing this lovely recipe. Made for Whats on the Menu Tag Game.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots (mixed colors if available)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel carrots, trim ends and cut lengthwise into quarters. (If the carrots are large, cut in half across, then lengthwise.).
- Put carrots in a bowl with the oil, salt and pepper, paprika and orange juice, stirring to coat the carrots.
- Spread in a heavy baking dish or cast iron skillet large enough to hold carrots in a single layer.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Add the butter and lemon juice to the pan, stirring to melt the butter. Continue baking about 5 minutes or until the carrots are glazed and tender.