Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
from the Seattle-Times 8-07
Make and share this Roasted Orange-Paprika Carrots recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots (mixed colors if available)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel carrots, trim ends and cut lengthwise into quarters. (If the carrots are large, cut in half across, then lengthwise.).
- Put carrots in a bowl with the oil, salt and pepper, paprika and orange juice, stirring to coat the carrots.
- Spread in a heavy baking dish or cast iron skillet large enough to hold carrots in a single layer.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Add the butter and lemon juice to the pan, stirring to melt the butter. Continue baking about 5 minutes or until the carrots are glazed and tender.
These carrots were amazing. Tender, flavorful and sweet. We enjoyed the carrots prepared this way very much. The paprika and lemon adds another layer of flavor. Thank you for sharing this lovely recipe. Made for Whats on the Menu Tag Game.
Even I like carrots when they taste like these!
I scaled back for 2 serves and this was enough for 3 of us with other sides. As my baby carrots were small I only halved them and cooked as directed and oh I also just mixed everything in the cooking pan and then it was a case into a 175C fan forced oven for 35 minutes and perfecto very tasty carrots that we all enjoyed, thank you BarbryT, made for Aussie/Kiwi Recipe Swap #85 February 2014.