1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Another recipe from Parents Mag. Roasted chicken with a twist; topped with a honey-citrus glaze. Garnish with pretty orange slices.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (5 1/2 lb) whole chickens
- 1 small orange
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 small red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Heat oven to 425°F.
- 2Remove giblets and neck from chicken.
- 3Rinse chicken inside and out with cold running water; drain well.
- 4Pat dry with paper towels.
- 5Grate 1/2 teaspoons rind from orange and set aside.
- 6Cut orange into quarters.
- 7Sprinkle ½ teaspoons salt inside cavity of bird.
- 8Stuff chicken with onion, orange quarters, bay leaf, and thyme.
- 9Place on rack in large foil-lined roasting pan.
- 10Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
- 11Roast chicken 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- 12In small bowl, combine reserved orange rind with glaze ingredients, and brush over entire chicken.
- 13Roast 15 minutes more, or until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of chicken thigh reaches 175°F and juices run clear.
- 14Let the chicken rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Orange Glazed Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 907.2
- Calories from Fat 575
- Total Fat 63.9 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 294.1 mg
- Sodium 901.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 69.5 g