Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Keepers by Kathy Brennan and Caroline Campion
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus 2 T
- salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced and smeared into a paste
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, minced and mashed into a paste
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 F with a rack in the upper third. Put the shrimp on a sheet pan and add the 1 tablespoon of oil and salt and pepper, tossing to combine. Spread out in a single layer and roast until almost cooked through, about 6 minutes. Let rest for a few minutes to continue cooking.
- Meanwhile make the sauce. In a large bowl, whisk together the garlic, chipotle, vinegar, honey, orange juice, worcestershire sauce, and the remaining oil. Add the shrimp and scallions and toss to coat.