Roasted Orange and Bell Pepper Soup
- Cut orange in half crosswise; slice about 1/4 inche from bottom of each half so they will sit flat. Cut bell pepper in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes.
- Place orange halves, cut side up, and pepper halves, skin side up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten peppers with hand.
- Broil 15 minutes or until blackened.
- Place pepper halves in a ziplock bag; seal. Let stand 20 minutes; peel. Squeeze juice from orange over a bowl to equal 1/4 cup; discard oranges. Place peppers and orange juice in a food processor or blender; set aside.
- Heat margarine in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and carrot; sauté 12 minutes or until carrot is tender. Add onion mixture to food processor; process until smooth.
- Combine flour, broth, and milk in a saucepan; stir with a whisk until blended. Place over medium heat and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; add pepper mixture, salt, pepper, and paprika; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Garnish with oranges if desired.