Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
The base of this roll-up is a garlicky spinach spread. A perfect condiment for roasted or grilled vegetables. Use your favorite combination of vegetables.
- 1 eggplant, peeled cubed
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 1 yellow squash, cubed
- 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
Garlicky Spinach Spread
- 4 cups raw spinach
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 6 burrito-size low-fat flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a large roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet, combine all vegetables, salt, pepper and oil; toss until well combined.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, make garlicky spinach spread by placing spinach and garlic into food processor. Grind together.
- Add mayonnaise, oil and parmesan. Process until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread tortilla with spinach spread. Top with vegetables. Roll up and enjoy!
These were so delicious! I had some asparagus so I added that to the roasted veggies. Also, I cut all of mine into strips instead of cubing them (except the mushrooms). The sauce was delicious; I only used 2 cloves of garlic. So nice and easy and made a great lunch to take to work the next day!
I made this wraps for the Big Game. I have uploaded pictures (forthcoming). I made with vegetables, I added carrots in thin strips too. I roasted all in the oven with olive oil, salt and pepper. I doubled the dressing which was great. I used frozen spinach which was easy and still fine. We made it nice and garlicky. It is great as a dip with crackers. I used rectangular lavash flatbread, some I cut in two at a diagonal, and I made a platter of pinwheels by cutting rolls in six slices. Nice alternative for my friend who cannot eat protein. Will make again. Tx
I didn't make the recipe with veggies so I don't feel right rating the recipe; I used some chicken & red onions for a wrap, but I need to give props for the wonderful spinach spread. I cooked the spinach on med-low till slightly wilted, used fat free mayo, no oil & added a little mustard for a zip. It was a great way to use up spinach, get my veggies in & plus, it tasted great!! Thanks for sharing & I hope to try this with some veggies next time.