This recipe is from Tyler Florence, a side to his Prime Rib recipe. I've made it a few times and substituted 1 package frozen pearl onions, thawed, for the red onions, and added medium sized button mushrooms half way through the cooking time. I was never sure just how much a 'half bunch' of fresh thyme was, (and rarely have it on hand) so I used a little less than a tblsp of dried thyme. I also doubled the sauce recipe, due to the size of the onion pkg, and addition of the mushrooms. Delicious.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients, except onions, in a small saucepan.
- Over medium heat, simmer for about 1 minute, and reduce slightly.
- Place onions, cut side up, in a single layer on baking pan.
- If using pearl onions, no need to cut in half.
- Drizzle the honey,vinegar mixture over onions and roast for about 45 minutes, or until onions are caramelized.