1/2 Photos of Roasted Onions With Honey and Balsamic Vinegar
This recipe is from Tyler Florence, a side to his Prime Rib recipe. I've made it a few times and substituted 1 package frozen pearl onions, thawed, for the red onions, and added medium sized button mushrooms half way through the cooking time. I was never sure just how much a 'half bunch' of fresh thyme was, (and rarely have it on hand) so I used a little less than a tblsp of dried thyme. I also doubled the sauce recipe, due to the size of the onion pkg, and addition of the mushrooms. Delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine all ingredients, except onions, in a small saucepan.
- 3Over medium heat, simmer for about 1 minute, and reduce slightly.
- 4Place onions, cut side up, in a single layer on baking pan.
- 5If using pearl onions, no need to cut in half.
- 6Drizzle the honey,vinegar mixture over onions and roast for about 45 minutes, or until onions are caramelized.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Onions With Honey and Balsamic Vinegar
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.1
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 45.8 mg
- Sodium 160.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 41.2 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: