Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Sublime!! From Cooking Light. Serving size: 1 cup. Per serving: 75 calories, 2.1 g fat, 13.3 g carb, 2.1 g fiber, 5 mg cholesterol.
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 4 walla walla onions, peeled and quartered (or other sweet onion; each onion should weigh 6 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
Directions See How It's Made
- In a jelly roll pan or shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray, mix together the first 5 ingredients.
- Bake in a 425° oven for 30 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once.
- Pour broth over onions; stir gently to combine.
- Bake for 10 more minutes or until tender.
- In a small bowl, mix together, using a whisk, the vinegar and honey.
- Drizzle mixture over the onions; toss gently to coat.