1 hr 10 mins
This is one of my favorite side dishes, from an issue of the Vegetarian Times. I vary the herbs almost every time I make it, but have posted it as written here. Preparation and cooking times are estimates, sometimes the vegetables seem to cook faster. Just be sure not to overcook the spinach! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large onions, halved and peeled
- 1 1/2 lbs red potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and partially crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth or 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cups spinach, rinsed and chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
- 2Lightly oil a large roasting pan.
- 3Mix oil and vinegar in a bowl, add garlic, salt, and pepper.
- 4Trim ends off onions, and cut into wedges from end to end.
- 5Cut potatoes in large wedges.
- 6Place potatoes and onions in bowl with dressing, toss well.
- 7Spread potatoes and onions in single layer in roasting pan, and sprinkle with water or vegetable broth.
- 8Roast 30 minutes, stirring only once or twice and adding more water or broth if needed.
- 9Add spinach, and cook for about 10 minutes more.
- 10Alternatively: Sautee spinach and top with potatoes and onions.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Onions, Potatoes, and Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.7
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 39.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: