Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I pop these in the oven when I am roasting pork or beef. You can adjust cooking time to the oven temperature you are using. The smell of roasting onions is heavenly.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Slice across the stalk end to make a level surface.
- Sprinkle boullion granules to cover exposed area.
- Top with a thin slice of butter.
- Stand onions in a baking dish and bake 60 minutes.
I love onions and this was the perfect way to prepare them. I used sweet Vidalia onions and they turned out just wonderful. When the onions were done we just popped them out of their skins and enjoyed.
Absolutely yummy! Added a few drops of worcestershire sauce and a couple sprinkles of season salt before topping with the bouillon and butter, baked about an hour and a half due to size. Hubby was skeptical, until his first bite. We'll be having these again soon. Thanks for a great recipe!!
I couldn't agree more. This recipe is SO good and immensely easy. Thanks so much for sharing, Lorac!