Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a wonderful as a side dish to serve at a B.B.Q. or even to serve with a roast. A Huey recipe.
- 4 medium-large onions, skin on
- olive oil
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 180°-200°C fan forced (200°-220°C normal).
- Cut the onions in half crossways and place in an oven tray, skin side down. Sprinkle with oil and seasonings, and cook in the oven for about 40 mins until very tender.
- When cool enough to handle, remove the onions from skins and roughly chop. Then transfer to a bowl and toss with a sprinkling of oil, a little red wine vinegar, seasonings and parsley.
- Perfect for barbecues, grills or even a roast.
Aussie Recipe Swap #81: YUM! This was a perfect side to our pork loin roast - full of flavor!! Thank you for sharing!