Another Southern Living favorite!!This easy salad makes a beautiful presentation and is good for a light lunch or to carry to a picnic or other covered dish gathering.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 onions, halved and cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta, cooked
- 1/2 lb ham, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 3 celery ribs, cut into 1/4 inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 (15 ounce) can extra long asparagus spears, drained (or use fresh that have been steamed till tender)
- 6 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) package blue cheese, crumbled
PEPPERED CHEESE CRISPS
- 1Drizzle onion strips with oil in a 9 inch square pan,sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 2Toss well.
- 3Bake onion at 450 degree for 20 minutes and set aside.
- 4Drain artichoke hearts,reserving 3 tablespoons liquid.
- 5Stir together mayo,remaining salt and pepper,reserved artichoke liquid,and lemon juice.
- 6Toss with onion,artichoke hearts,pasta and next 4 ingredients.
- 7Cover and chill.
- 8Arrange asparagus spears and tomatoe slices around a large serving platter.
- 9Spoon pasta mixture in center of platter.
- 10Sprinkle with blue cheese,and serve with peppered cheese crisps.
- 11Peppered Cheese Crisps directions--.
- 12Cut each pita into 6 wedges and seperate.
- 13Stir together mayo and next 3 ingredients,spread mixture evenly over wedges.
- 14Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or till edges are browned.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Onion Pasta Salad With Peppered Cheese Crisps
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 721.6
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 45.1 mg
- Sodium 1820.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.9 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 26.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: