Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I've got just one okra loving-kid. That's an amazingly low statistic because in south Louisiana and the surrounding parishes, families are raised on the stuff. Here's a healthier version. One thing I am certain, if you never liked it before, you won't like this either. Note: Make sure the okra is dried on the outside after rinsing and before coating with oil. Oh, and I think it's best made with young, tender okra pods. Umm, one more thing, even good grilled.
- 4 cups fresh okra (not frozen)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly grated black pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder (optional)
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the okra in a bowl or plastic ziplock bag and toss with olive oil. Arrange the okra in one layer on a foil lined baking or cookie sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 - 25 minutes until they turn brown and become crisp.