Recipe by Sudika
Okra, accompanied by a few simple spices, roasted to enhance that delcious okra taste.
Top Review by Shalabhanjika
This was a good recipe, and I liked that it was in the oven while I was making soup on the stovetop. .5mm is rather thin, I think that in the future I will cut the okra about 1/2 inch or so so it is a bit more substantial. I chopped the ginger and added extra!
- 1⁄2 kg young okra pods (washed, wiped dry and cut into 0.5 mm rings)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into eighths
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried red chili
- 1 teaspoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Spray an oven tray with nonstick pan spray.
- Add all ingredients to tray and mix well.
- Roast okra in oven for approx 30 mins, stirring occasionally. Some may prefer to roast the vegetables a little longer.
- Serve with roti and tomato chutney.