Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A variation from the Food You Crave. Time to relax while in the oven.:) I suppose it all depends upon the size of the floret how much roasting time is needed.
- 1 head cauliflower, about 2 pounds cut into bite sized florets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (or more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the cauliflower in a 9X13 inch baking dish, toss with the oil, and sprinkle with the nutmeg and salt.
- Roast for 20 to 30 minutes, stir occasionally-edges should get toasty.
- Top with yogurt.
Roasting is such a great way to prepare veggies. This cauliflower recipe is no exception. I used about 1/4 tsp nutmeg. I find nutmeg to have a very distinct flavour and this amount was just right and complemented the cauliflower beautifully. The cauliflower was tender after 30 minutes of roasting in the uncovered casserole phase. Thanks for posting.
What a great way to do up one of my favorite vegetables, & it couldn't have been any easier to put together, too! VERY TASTY! Thanks for this keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Every Day Is a Holiday cooking game]
I enjoyed this a lot!!!!! It is really unique tasting and the nutmeg doesn't mask the flavor of the cauliflower, it just enhances it. Love the flavors here, thanks for posting!