Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A simple and low-fat side dish from the Low-Fat Meals cookbook.
- 2 lbs small red potatoes, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large red onion, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Scrub the potatoes under cold running water and pat dry.
- In a roasting pan, combine potatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Using a large spoon or by shaking the pan from side to side, coat the potatoes evenly.
- Roast the potatoes for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle evenly with onion; drizzle evenly with chicken stock.
- Continue roasting 1 1/4 hours longer, shaking the pan every 10 to 15 minutes to rotate the potatoes, until they are brown and crusty and onions are caramelized.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with parsley.
- Serve immediately.
These were good, but not sure they were worth the hassle of shaking the pan every 15 minutes. Not sure if I would make again?
Fantastic recipe! I used Canola oil, and redskin new potatoes. Soo tender and yummy!
Served with Red Snapper , and the flavors blended very well.
These are soooo good - I did not have little redskins, so I cut up the Yukon Golds I had on hand and ended up cooking for 15 minutes less than listed in the recipe. These quickly disappeared at a family dinner and everyone raved about them. There were picky eaters, so when everyone likes something, you know it has to be good. These are a keeper, I love the little redskins so I will be doing that way, but it is nice to have options. Thank you lazyme