Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
magazine recipe, great tasting.
- 3 kg small new potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- sea salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup light olive oil
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 4 -6 cloves garlic, crushed
- To roast potatoes----------------.
- Preheat oven to 200C degrees.
- Scrub potatoes and pat dry.
- Place in roasting dish with the oil and grind sea salt over.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until golden and tender.
- Place yolks,mustard,water,salt and pepper and lemon juice in a blender and run machine until well mixed.
- Combine the 2 oils.
- While machine is running, gradually add a few drops of oil at a time to start, then in a thin stream.
- Aioli will thicken and go pale.
- Mix in the crushed garlic.
- Cover and store in fridge until ready to use.
- Will keep 3-4 weeks.