You can serve this warm, immediately after making it, or you can chill and serve cold. Adapated from a Southern Living recipe.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs small red potatoes, in a 1/2 to 3/4 inch dice
- 1⁄2 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 -10 slices crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup prepared ranch dressing
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Put oil in a 15x10-inch jelly roll pan; add potatoes and the next 4 ingredients and toss to coat then arrange potato mixture into a single layer.
- Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or till potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally; transfer to a large bowl.
- Add bacon, green onions and Ranch dressing and toss gently; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or chill to serve later.
We took this salad to a large party and everyone loved it!!! With bacon being salty, watch for the amount of salt used!! Fast and easy to make. I used DiB's Parmesan Ranch Dressing. I would do this recipe again. Wonderful contribution!
Excellent! I made the recipe as posted except I used the "already cooked" bacon found at the grocery instead of cooking bacon. A very easy recipe with wonderful flavor. This would make an excellent salad for a bbq or potluck. I served with roasted chicken and i can't wait to dig into the leftovers for lunch! Thank you for posting!