Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a great side dish for bbqs, steak, roasted chicken, etc. I use the newer small potatoes and fresh herbs to brighten up the flavor.(If you use dried herbs reduce the amount to 2 tsp of each.)
- 2 lbs mixed red yellow purple baby new potatoes (or fingerling, or both mixed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper
- preheat oven to roast at 450°F.
- in a casserole dish add potatoes, olive oil, fresh thyme, salt, pepper, and the leaves of 1 sprig of rosemary, crushed.
- roast for 20 minutes, turn and roast 20 minutes more.
- garnish with rosemary sprig.
Great great recipe! Loved these, I did add a couple T. of butter and they turned out crispy and yummy....
This recipe is awesome! I have made these several times using both fingerling and halved new red potatoes. I use 1 tsp of dried herbs instead of fresh, it's what I usually keep on hand. My DH begged me to make these last week and when grocery shopping this week we had to buy more potatoes just to make more. Thank you so much for posting!!
Very good. I used dutch creamer potatoes, dried herbs, and added lots of garlic. 40 minutes was the perfect cooking time. Served as a side dish to steak. Thanks for posting!