Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Thai recipe from Food and Wine Magazine, March 2010. Recipe by Su-Mei Yu. Enjoy!
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1⁄4 lbs mixed mushrooms, such as white cermini and shitaki, quartered
- salt, to taste
- 10 small shallots, peeled
- 1⁄3 cup mint, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seed, roasted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the oil with the garlic, ginger, and soy sauce.
- Spread mushrooms out on baking sheet and drizzle with the oil mixture and season with salt.
- Roast for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, on a second baking sheet drizzle the shallots with the remaining oil, tossing to coat and seasoning with salt.
- Roast about 25 minutes, turning once.
- Scrape the vegetables into a serving bowl and add the herbs and sesame seeds, tossing to coat.