Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A Martha Stewart recipe that is as simple as possible--and so delicious. You can add some garlic cloves to this if you like and/or some herbs. It's quite lovely just plain. And if you line the pan with foil, you have hardly any clean up.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small cremini mushrooms, stems trimmed (halved if large)
- 8 ounces thawed frozen pearl onions (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- On the sheet, toss mushrooms with onions and oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until tender and browned, stirring halfway through, about 30 minutes.
This mushroom and onion recipe was to die for! My DH just loved how the onions got a little burnt which really enhanced the cremini mushrooms. I would like to mention that they could be made ahead of time and warmed up in the microwave. We used it as a side dish. Made for Veg ' N Swap tag.
Delicious, earthy side dish. I made it in dutch oven, first browning and then stewing under the lid.
Yum! I enjoyed this as a side dish with veggie riblets. I did lower the heat just a bit about halfway because they were browning too fast. Thanks Kate! Made for Zaar tag.