Roasted Monkfish With Balsamic Vinegar and Shallots
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a heavy medium skillet, bring the oil to the smoking point over high heat. The oil must be very hot or the fish will stick. Add the fillet and brown it quickly on both sides. About 1 1/2 minutes total.
- Put the fillet into an oiled roasting pan and roast until it is softly resilient to the touch, about 9 minutes. Remove the fish to a warmed platter.
- Add the shallots, pepper, vinegar and honey to the roasting pan. Place the pan over low heat and deglaze it, stirring and simmering until the shallots have softened, 3-4 minutes.
- Slice the fillet into 1" pieces. Pour the sauce on top and garnish with the parsley. Serve immediately.