Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This mix of vegetables roasted to perfection can be a hearty side dish or even a meatless entree. Recipe is from Italian Food Forever
- 1 medium eggplant, Stem End Removed
- 1 large red onion, Peeled
- 3 zucchini, Stem End Removed
- 1 large red pepper, Cored And Seeded
- 1 large yellow pepper, Cored And Seeded
- 4 -5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, Peeled and Minced
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil, Chopped
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the vegetables on a baking sheet and drizzle with the oil.
- Use you hands to lightly toss the vegetables to ensure they are lightly coated all over.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with he minced garlic, season with salt and pepper and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the vegetables are soft and browned. You will need to turn the vegetables over a couple of times during the cooking period to ensure even browning.
- Cut all of the vegetables into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Remove from the oven and cool until the vegetables are just warm. Sprinkle with the balsamic vinegar and chopped basil and toss to mix well. Serve.