Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe came from The Taste of Home mag. At the last football game gathering I overheard the guys fighting over these.
- In a bowl, combine the nuts and maple syrup; mix well.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and salad dressing mix; stir gently to coat.
- Spread on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 300 for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Store in an airtight container.
If this is supposed to be like a nut brittle, then it is quite a good recipe, but I was not thrilled with it. I followed the recipe exactly....it came out a sticky, gooey, brittle mess. The nuts all stuck together in clumps and were difficult to separate. It was so disappointing!
These were good and very easy to make. Think I'll give them as a Father's Day gift. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
Very easy to make. I used 1 lb. of mixed nuts that were already roasted and salted. I think this would make a nice hostess gift. An icy cold drink goes great with these nuts. The maple syrup gives the nuts a pretty golden color.