Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Eggplant is always on my family’s menu whether all six children like it or not. But this IS one of their top favorites when it comes to eggplant.. (They would like me to Note: NOT their absolute favorite, but in the Top 5 Eggplant Recipes) This would be a great Meatless Monday dish..
- 59.14 ml mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 29.58 ml rice vinegar
- 44.37 ml white miso (soybean paste)
- 9.85 ml fresh ginger, grated
- 14.79 ml dark sesame oil
- 14.79 ml honey
- 14.79 ml lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 eggplants, sliced 1/2-inch-thick slices (about 1 lb)
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine first 8 ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
- Arrange eggplant slices on a baking sheet coated with olive oil.
- Spread miso mixture evenly over the eggplant slices.
- Broil 8-10 minutes or until topping is golden.
- Arrange eggplant slices on a platter.
I like the topping for the eggplant! I had to roast a little longer but it turned out nice. Thanks! Made for Pick a Chef event, spring 2014.