Eggplant is always on my family’s menu whether all six children like it or not. But this IS one of their top favorites when it comes to eggplant.. (They would like me to Note: NOT their absolute favorite, but in the Top 5 Eggplant Recipes) This would be a great Meatless Monday dish..
- 1⁄4 cup mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons white miso (soybean paste)
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 eggplants, sliced 1/2-inch-thick slices (about 1 lb)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine first 8 ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
- Arrange eggplant slices on a baking sheet coated with olive oil.
- Spread miso mixture evenly over the eggplant slices.
- Broil 8-10 minutes or until topping is golden.
- Arrange eggplant slices on a platter.