Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A lovely, filling dish from my mom. I believe she got it from a market. You can use any color bell peppers - I like to use two different colors. I usually leave the skins on the potatoes and eggplant, but feel free to peel them before making the recipe, if that is your preference :)
- 12 ounces potatoes, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 small eggplant, sliced and quartered
- 2 bell peppers, chopped into 1-inch squares
- 1 cup red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chives
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Prepare a shallow roasting dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine potatoes, eggplant, both bell peppers, and the red onion slices and place in roasting dish.
- Whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, basil, oregano, chives, garlic and salt and pepper.
- Drizzle sauce over the mixed vegetables and toss to coat.
- Roast vegetables until tender, about 45 minutes. Stir halfway through the cooking time.
Really liked these veggies! Didn't have eggplant and used sweet potatoes and threw in some mushrooms, but it was still sooo good. Was even better in leftovers the next day.
My dh & I really enjoyed this dish. It was the first time that we tried eggplant and we loved it. It was quick and easy to make, tender and crisp with a slightly sweet, yet savory flavor. I used white balsamic vinegar and green onions instead of chives, I also added a small sweet potato. Thank you starrynews for sharing a recipe that we will enjoy again and again.
I love roasted vegetables, but this was even better than I expected. The marinade flavors really come thru, it was sweet and tangy, and really delicious! Thanks for posting this, it really hit the spot tonight! Made for ZWT 9