Recipe by Starrynews
A lovely, filling dish from my mom. I believe she got it from a market. You can use any color bell peppers - I like to use two different colors. I usually leave the skins on the potatoes and eggplant, but feel free to peel them before making the recipe, if that is your preference :)
- 12 ounces potatoes, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 small eggplant, sliced and quartered
- 2 bell peppers, chopped into 1-inch squares
- 1 cup red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chives
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Prepare a shallow roasting dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine potatoes, eggplant, both bell peppers, and the red onion slices and place in roasting dish.
- Whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, basil, oregano, chives, garlic and salt and pepper.
- Drizzle sauce over the mixed vegetables and toss to coat.
- Roast vegetables until tender, about 45 minutes. Stir halfway through the cooking time.