Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
These are nice with any fish, baked or broiled, a very unquie flavor.
- 3 large russet potatoes, quartered (1 1/2 to 2 lbs. total)
- 4 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks (1 lb. total)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup non-dairy coffee creamer
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the potatoes, parsnips, broth, salt, and pepper in a greased, shallow baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes, until very tender.
- Remove them from the oven and cool slightly.
- In a small saucepan (or microwave) heat the non-dairy creamer and margarine together until the margarine is melted and the mixture is warm, but not hot.
- Place the vegetable mixture in a bowl and mash it, adding non-dairy creamer/margarine mixture until the mixture is combined, but still slightly chunky.
- Place in a serving bowl and sprinkle the top with a little paprika.